California Burn Injury Attorney
Burn Injury Lawyer in Fresno, CA
If you have suffered a burn injury, depending upon the nature of the circumstances you could be eligible to receive financial compensation for your injuries.
A serious burn can be one of the most excruciating injuries a person can ever endure. A victim suffers not only immense physical pain but emotional and psychological scarring as well.
Burns can occur anytime your skin comes into contact with heat, chemicals, sunlight, radiation, electricity, flammable liquids or gases.
Unfortunately, many burn accidents happen because of someone else’s negligence.
COMMON CAUSES OF BURN INJURIES
- Fire and gas explosions suffered in vehicles or factories
- Defective products such as heaters, electrical appliances or gas grills
- Defective smoke detectors or carbon monoxide detectors
- Faulty electrical wiring
- Negligent maintenance of commercial and residential properties, including apartments and condominiums
WE INVESTIGATE THE CAUSE OF YOUR ACCIDENT
Fresno Personal Injury Lawyer Carl L. Brown has successfully handled many burn injury cases involving the negligence of others — including employers, product manufacturers, property managers, to name a few.
Attorney Brown conduct his own thorough investigation and consults closely with doctors, forensic analysts, police detectives, etc. to build a strong claim on your behalf.
BURN INJURY SYMPTOMS AND IMPACT ON BODY
- peeling skin
- red skin
- shock: pale and clammy skin, weakness, bluish lips and fingernails, and a decrease in alertness
- white or charred skin
- permanent disfigurement, scarring
- muscle loss
- joint damage
- bone damage
BURN INJURY DEGREES: MEASURING THE SEVERITY OF YOUR INJURIES
First Degree Burn
- Affects the outer layer of the skin or epidermis
- Moist and red in color
- Example: mild sunburn
Second Degree Burn
- Burn penetrates the outer epidermal layer into the dermis causing tissue damage
- Dry and whitish in color; will not produce red marks when applying pressure
- Typically results from explosions
- May take 3-4 weeks to heal
- May leave thick scars
Third Degree Burn
- Very severe burns
- Waxy, white
- Charred, swollen and leathery appearance
- Not as physically painful because nerve endings are destroyed
- Requires skin grafting and reconstructive procedures
- Third-degree burns carry the most risk for complications, such as infections, blood loss, and shock, which is often what could lead to death.
TREATMENT FOR BURN INJURIES
The road ahead may include skin grafts, reconstructive surgeries and physical rehab. It’s important to assemble the best team of experts to help you recover, including a neurologist, dermatologist, surgeon, and psychologist.
The medical costs associated with serious burn injuries may become too much a financial burden to bear. You should be focused on healing, not worrying about how you are going to pay the bills. Let Fresno Personal Injury Lawyer Carl Brown pursue the compensation you deserve.
A leading California Burn Injury Law Firm
If you or someone you now has suffered a burn injury, call Fresno Personal Injury Lawyer Carl L. Brown today for a Free consultation. We are ready to help you and your family obtain the compensation and peace of mind you deserve.
We look forward to receiving your call and helping you through this challenging process.